P.S. 217 is a Title I public school serving a predominantly low-income community with over 1200 children from pre-K to 5th grade. Located in the heart of Ditmas Park, Brooklyn, P.S. 217 is a welcoming community of students, parents, and teachers working together to fulfill the enormous potential of our children. As one of the most diverse elementary schools in the city, P.S. 217 believes in the power of inclusion, academic rigor, and the celebration of our many cultures. Over 30 languages and dialects are spoken at the school including Urdu, Spanish, Bengali, Russian, Chinese, Albanian, Haitian-Creole, Pashto, Tibetan, Turkish, and Uzbek.
Stay in Touch!
- Receive news and other essential information by downloading the PS 217 school app. Search “PS 217 School” in your phone’s app store. The app accommodates over 30 languages!
- Join the PS 217 Brooklyn Families Facebook group to chat with other parents.
- Follow Mr Bonilla’s PS 217 Instagram page for his updates and photos.
- Join the Parent Association text list by texting the word JOIN to 833-682-7803.
- Join the Parent Association email list by signing up here or email the Parents Association directly at email@example.com