Parent Teacher Conferences Are This WeekDirector of Communications
A reminder that this Thursday, November 5 will be our first parent teacher conferences of this school year. School will be dismissed at 11:20 AM for all students to allow for the conferences. There will be two sessions from which to choose. The afternoon session is from 12:20 PM – 2:20 PM. The evening session is from 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM. Our teachers are looking forward to meeting with all our parents and we hope you’ll find it a fruitful discussion as well.
Because there are so many children, your time is limited with the teacher to only about 10 minutes. If you feel that you need to spend more time discussing your child with your teacher, please make a separate appointment. Here are some suggestions for what to ask your teachers:
- How is my child doing with homework?
- How is my child doing socially?
- Does my child participate in class discussions and activities?
- Is my child happy in school and getting along with classmates?
- How can I support your efforts in the classroom to help my child be successful?
- Is my child working to his ability?
- How much time should my child be spending on her homework?
- Do you grade homework assignments?
- What are my child’s strengths and weaknesses?
- What can we do to help develop our child’s weak areas?
- What are my child’s academic talents?
- How are grades determined — are tests weighted the same as homework and in-class assignments?
- What is my child like in class?
- What is my child’s learning style?
- Is there anything that I can share with you about my child and what he’s like at home?
- What skills will my child be expected to master this year in key areas like math, reading, writing, science, social studies?
- Which, if any, standardized tests will be administered this year?
- Does my child participate in the classroom activities?
- What is my child’s reading level and what kind of books would be most appropriate?