March CurriculumPS 217 of Brooklyn
- Reading: Fairytales
- Word Study: Word Families: in, un,at, et, ut
- Writing: Fairytale big book
- Math: Geometry: Analyze, Compare, Create and Compose Shapes
- Social Studies: What does our family history teach us about ourselves?
- Science: How does the weather change the seasons?
- Reading: Fairy Tales
- Phonics: Digraphs & Consonant Blends
- Writing: Personal Narratives
- Math: Complete Chapter 8 / Chapter 10: Addition and Subtraction
- Science: The Earth
- Social Studies: New York City
- Reading: nonfiction- informational texts, biographies, articles
- Writing: Persuasive writing (brochure)
- Math: money
- Science: Plant Diversity
- Social Studies: NY and its changing communities
- Reading: Poetry and Drama; Test Exemplars – focus on poetry
- Writing: Responding to Literature and Expository Texts: Short and extended responses (writing across two texts)
- Math: Unit 6 Fractions as Number on the Number Line
- Science: Forces and Motion: Describe how the amount of change in the motion of an object is affected by friction.
- Social Studies: Europe: Case study of a European community (England, Italy, Sweden, Romania, etc.)
- Reading: Assorted genres, exemplary literature
- Writing: Writing across 2 stories, academic test writing.
- Math: Angles and geometry
- Science: Extreme weather and forces of nature
- Social Studies: The new nation.
- Reading: Determining Importance
- Writing: Writing Across Two Stories
- Math: Area and Volume
- Social Studies: Canada
- Science: Food and Nutrition